REMINDER: share your trade show tips through January 28 for a chance at one of two $500 Lands' End Gift Cards. Simply click "Comments" at the bottom of this post.
Jaime Keller knows a good water bottle when she sees one. And she can talk to you about pens and flashlights with such authority. She's our promotional products merchant. It's her job to comb the crowded marketplace in search of the right styles worthy of your brand. She attends trade shows, visits vendors, talks to customers, reads trade publications...all in the name of finding just the right assortment. We asked her to share a few tips on what she feels are great giveaways to bring in booth traffic and reinforce your overall marketing message.
HOT styles for 2011:
- TSA-friendly items. Laptop carriers that allow you to breeze through security are gaining momentum.
- Aluminum items. Pens, water bottles, desk accessories. The items are a little less expensive than stainless steel and give practical styles a refreshed look.
- Items with a purpose. Key tags, luggage tags, lunch bags...items that can be used over and over again. It's a subtle way to keep the conversation going long after they've left the event.
- Household items. Mugs, wine accessories, first aid kits. Something slightly out of the ordinary, that feels special, can have a huge draw.
- Reusable totes. With lots of stores giving discounts for bringing in your own bag, these items are still a hot buy. Especially recycled options. They can be used for the gym, travel, commutes, etc.
- Metallics. Gives items an industrial feel that's really quite timeless
- Yellows. bright yellow and mustard
- Purples. berry and lavender
- Decorative detailing. Adds a bit more interest without a big price increase
- Fun materials. Polka dots. Stripes. Nylon and leather.
Share your ideas. All comments received by January 28 will enter you in our drawing to win one of two $500 Lands' End Gift Cards. Simply click "comments" below.